We have the ability to diagnose and arrange treatment (medicinal and balneotherapy/physical therapy) for the following rheumatological disorders:
- Inflammatory rheumatological disorders
- Rheumatoid arthritis and its special forms (childhood onset, adult onset, palindromic rheumatism, intermittent hydrarthrosis)
- Other systemic autoimmune disorders not seriously affecting internal organs (i.e. Sjögren syndrome, mixed connective tissue disease, polymyalgia rheumatica, primary and secondary Raynaud’s phenomenon)
- Sero-negative spondylarthropathies (ankylosing spondylitis [Bechterew’s disease], psoriatic arthritis, reactive arthritis)
- Crystal-induced arthropathies (gout, chondrocalcinosis, hydroxyapatite deposition disease)
- Degenerative spinal and joint disorders and their inflammatory complications
- Soft tissue rheumatism (i.e. disorders of tendon, ligament and bursa, periarthropathy humeroscapularis – acute and chronic stages of inflammation around the shoulder joint, fibromyalgia)
- Metabolic bone disorders (primary and secondary osteoporosis, osteomalatia, Paget-Schroetter disease)
The examinations take place in part in our hospital (x-ray, ultrasound, densitometry, laboratory and specialist consultations: internal medicine, cardiology, dermatology, gynecology, neurology, traumatology, orthopedics and rehabilitation), and in part in collaboration with the diagnostic departments of Pécs (CT, MRI, isotope examinations).
Following diagnosis and treatment we offer further care for our chronic patients.